Bebop Spoken There
Louis Stewart: In a homily to his father at his funeral in Dublin on 23 August 2016, his son Tony recalled that when he asked his father whether he wanted to be buried or cremated, Louis replied, "surprise me". (From Brendan Frawley).
Clint Eastwood: "Any friend of jazz is a friend of mine!" - (Down Beat January 1998).Archives.
Today Monday August 29
Monday, August 29, 2016
Sunday, August 28, 2016
April Joslin videoed MacArthur Park (on F/b).
Saturday, August 27, 2016
Friday, August 26, 2016
Thursday, August 25, 2016
- Tall Ships Day 3
- CD Review: Philip Clemo – Dream Maps - “To sleep p...
- Tall Ships Day Two
- Tall Ships - Day One.
- R.I.P Rudy Van Gelder
- CD Review: Andrew Stewart - I Thought About You
- Coming Soon....
- Latin Jazz Groove @ Hoochie Coochie - August 25
- The Bookcase
- All Aboard the Tall Ships!
- 'Louis'- An Appreciation by JC.
- Remembering Louis Stewart (January 5, 1944 - Augus...
- RIP Derek Smith (August 17, 1931 - August 2016)
- CD Review: Music Soup - Cut To The Chase
- Tees Hot Club becomes Thames Hot Club for one nigh...
- Not a Good Week For Guitarists who played with Geo...
- Paul Edis Trio (and a surprise visitor!) @ Blaydon...
- Ilkley Jazz Festival. August 19-21
- James Peacock @ The Vermont Hotel. August 21
- More Quotes
- Claire Kelly with Pete Gilligan @ The Globe: Augus...
- Painting a Picture at Ushaw
- Strictly Soakin’ Big Band @ The Tyne Bar. August 2...
- RIP Louis Stewart
- Christmas comes but twice a year - It could only h...
- Late addition to listings
- Ace Trio to play Blaydon Jazz Club
- CD Review: Fred Hersch Trio - Sunday Night at The ...
- CD Review: Not Now Charlie - Nostalgia Revisited
- Alan Barnes is sworn to secrecy…
- Indigo Voices @ The Globe: Tonight August 18: Prev...
- CD Review: California Feetwarmers - Silver Seas
- RIP Bobby Hutcherson.
- CD Review: Barney Kessel - Live At the Jazz Mill 1...
- Quadrant 4
- CD Review: Ben Bryden - Glasgow Dreamer - The Musi...
- And you see Laura - and then you don't!
- Russell cross examines Alyn Shipton
- Talking jazz at Ushaw Durham Jazz Festival
- All the fun of the jazz carnival!
- Blaydon Beckons
- Global Goings-on
- Musicians Unlimited @ Jackson's Wharf, Hartlepool....
- A Great Day in Harlem
- R.I.P. Kenny Baker
- Today on JRR.
- CD Review: Masumi Ormandy - Sunshine in Manhattan
- Dean Stockdale & Noel Dennis @ The Jazz Café - Aug...
- The Last of the Summer Jazz @ The Jazz Café
- CD Review: Euan Stevenson & Konrad Wiszniewski – N...
- CD Review: Kristian Borring – Silent Storm
- CD Review: Zach Larmer Electric Band – Inner Circl...
- Face the Music
- CD Review: Sergio Pereira - Swingdando.
- An Intro to Ushaw Jazz Festival From Paul Edis (It...
- CD Review: Scott Morgan - Songs of Life
- There'll be Some Changes Made...
- Durham Ushaw Jazz Festival
- RIP Pete Fountain
- Jazz Co-op @ The Globe: The Mark Williams Trio: Au...
- Jazz Co-op Summer Weekend Workshop @ The Globe: Au...
- Jazz Radio 3 Times
- CD Review: Daniela Schächter - Jimmy Van Heusen
- Teesside Jazz
- Happy Birthday (Belated) Tony Bennett
- Ray Burns w. the Peter Gilligan Trio @ The Cherry ...
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ Crescent Club Cullercoats - ...
- Jazz Café Jam Session Tuesday August 2.
- Tomorrow night @ The Cherry Tree
- Old Hat Jazz Band
- The Girl From Ipanema: BBC4
- CD Review: Mike Gamble & His Rhythm Serenaders
- Musicians Unlimited @ The Park Inn. July 31
- Orpheus Project - Preview Ellery Eskelin Tour (Glo...
- ▼ August ( 74 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)